my Self

My photo
Fort St John, BC, Canada
My husband, David, and I had been trying to have a baby since November of 2007. After 'letting things happen', we got the amazing news that we were pregnant in June of 2008. Sadly, that pregnancy ended at 9 weeks with a natural miscarriage. After two more chemical pregnancies, we turned to fertility treatments in 2009. That decision was a disaster, with lousy medical care and poor monitoring. In December of 2009, we made the huge decision to move onto IVF. Things fell into place like magic and we began treatment on January 15, 2010. After a blighted ovum in March, we did a successful FET in June, only to endure another blighted ovum in July. We kept up and underwent another IVF in September/October of 2010 with the arrival of our son, Brogan in July of 2011! After our lovely success (finally) we decided to undertake yet another IVF treatment and hope for a sibling for our little red headed boy. Well... so far it's worked. Our story continues below!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Week Nine

Yeah. Well.  Weeks 1 through 8 really flew by in a stuck-in-peanut butter, speeding-bullet kind of way.  It's been a crawling blur.  That's what it feels like when you average four hours of sleep, ten hours of having your breasts chewed on, six hours of staring in amazement at the tiny creature you pushed out of your ya-hoo and four hours of trying to appear to have some sort of career.

Brogan is a wonderful baby.  He doesn't cry unless he's peed or pooped and wants a fresh canvas to cradle his arse, or he's hungry, or he needs to relieve a few gas bubbles from one end or the other (depends on which you hold up higher).  He hasn't had a bit of diaper rash, sleeps reasonably through most of the night, and other than a lovely rash across his cheeks that comes (when we're leaving the house and I want to show off my adorable baby) and goes (when we're alone at home and nobody is there to comment on his perfectly smooth cheeks).

I'm head over heels in love with him, of course.  I haven't had a lot of time for anything else in life up until now.  Like.. makeup or showering at a reasonable time, or going to work, or shaving my legs.  I guess my reasoning was that if I don't have time to shave my legs I sure as hell don't have time to write in a blog.

I shaved my legs yesterday.  I even pulled one out from under the sheets to show my husband; to prove that I had actually SHAVED my legs.  He was fashionably impressed, then we both went to sleep with two and a half men playing on the television and Brogan snoring in his bassinet beside the bed.  That's us... the horribly ordinary Canadian married couple.... (I love being horribly ordinary after a life of being anything but that).

I digress.

Okay... some cool things about my baby.

1.  He has red hair.  Yep.  It's gloriously red with a beautiful little bald patch in the back from his wide eyed head tossing, usually when he wakes up somewhere that he did NOT to go to sleep in.

2.  Brogan snores.  Quite loudly, actually.  It's really odd to look at the cherub-like face and hearing logger-like snores.

3.  He doesn't coo very often... but he does growl.  Touch him when he's wanting some space and he scrunches up his face and growls.  Sometimes he does it just to communicate and will copy you if you start it first.  This week has brought more cooing and less growling... something I am both happy about and kind of sad.  I wanted to see his baby growls develop into toddler growls....

4.  He's working on head control, and getting better at it.   He's not freaking everyone out by being a human bobble head every time a hand isn't holding up his adorable red-headed noggin.  Yesterday he had tummy time (aka baby boot camp) and watched CSI Miami for a full three minutes with his head up in the air.  Ok, I get it.  Just have to have all those freaky colors on the screen in order for him to be interested.

Okay.. I'm exhausted now!  Got to get to bed so I can wake up in a few hours and nurse the little bundle of joy!  I mean that... he IS a little bundle of joy - hasn't been one minute of one day that I haven't felt blessed and honored to take care of him...

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment