my Self

My photo
Fort St John, BC, Canada
My husband, David, and I had been trying to have a baby since November of 2007. After 'letting things happen', we got the amazing news that we were pregnant in June of 2008. Sadly, that pregnancy ended at 9 weeks with a natural miscarriage. After two more chemical pregnancies, we turned to fertility treatments in 2009. That decision was a disaster, with lousy medical care and poor monitoring. In December of 2009, we made the huge decision to move onto IVF. Things fell into place like magic and we began treatment on January 15, 2010. After a blighted ovum in March, we did a successful FET in June, only to endure another blighted ovum in July. We kept up and underwent another IVF in September/October of 2010 with the arrival of our son, Brogan in July of 2011! After our lovely success (finally) we decided to undertake yet another IVF treatment and hope for a sibling for our little red headed boy. Well... so far it's worked. Our story continues below!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

11DPO

I somehow feel like I need permission to do this.  To say I am pregnant.  Again.  Let me see.  We started out with the miscarriage in July of 2008.  Then we had a chemical pregnancy (very faint) in October 2089, February and March of 2009.  We had several botched IUI's and a battery of tests and drugs in 2009 before finally giving up and turning to IVF in January. I got pregnant but miscarried early - but it was a blighted ovum so my body acted pregnant, which has got to be the world's greatest pregnant-woman's mind fuck ever.  

So it's fair to say that I we've been here before.  About five times, plus endless 'hopeful' months, filled with imaginary symptoms and desperate want.  Every time feels different.  When I had the first pregnancy, I was fine, the miscarriage came as fast and hard as a baseball bat to the side of the head in a pitch black room.  It left me puking and bleeding and crawling around on my hands and knees looking for a door out of the nightmare.

The chemical pregnancies were fast and not painless, but nothing compared to the first.  The blighted ovum was most likely the hardest (short lived!) pregnancy and easiest loss for  me, although it was the most promising since the first pregnancy.  All systems go.  Everything pointed towards a fall baby.  All tests were perfect.  But I was a wreck, I was reeling with anxiety and fear that something was wrong.  I tried to listen to the facts but the feelings were all wrong.

So how is this different.  Well besides the fact that I have stupidly early positive pregnancy tests, that are rapidly getting stronger, I am calm.  I'm accepting of whatever happens, and although I am happily feeding my compulsive testing habit like a crazed out junkie, I was honestly already making plans on my next IVF cycle in the fall when I was pleasantly surprised by... well.. this.  I *feel* pregnant this time.  I know it might not last.  I know how quickly this sand castle can wash away into oblivion, with nothing but a memory and a few blog posts to remember it.  But for now, I'm pretty sure I'll be having a baby next March! 

My beta test is on July 2nd, and unlike before, when my test dates felt a million years away, I am surprised at how fast the time is passing and how quick the test time is coming.. Friday is just around the corner.  I have a feeling it will be a HIGH beta - over 200 at least, and I'm betting more like 300.

Thanks again for all your warmth and energy.  It's early, but it has to start somewhere. 




5 comments:

  1. Looks great Sonya! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww I am so very happy for you. I am so glad that you are peaceful this time around. I am praying for a VERY H & H 9 mo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful! I am so happy for you. I went out of town and came back to wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That line is looking gorgeous! You've been through so much, Sonya, but hold on a little longer and I am praying you will get that super high beta to confirm what you're already feeling!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful!! just wonderful! so so happy for you. =)

    ReplyDelete