my Self

My photo
Fort St John, BC, Canada
My husband, David, and I had been trying to have a baby since November of 2007. After 'letting things happen', we got the amazing news that we were pregnant in June of 2008. Sadly, that pregnancy ended at 9 weeks with a natural miscarriage. After two more chemical pregnancies, we turned to fertility treatments in 2009. That decision was a disaster, with lousy medical care and poor monitoring. In December of 2009, we made the huge decision to move onto IVF. Things fell into place like magic and we began treatment on January 15, 2010. After a blighted ovum in March, we did a successful FET in June, only to endure another blighted ovum in July. We kept up and underwent another IVF in September/October of 2010 with the arrival of our son, Brogan in July of 2011! After our lovely success (finally) we decided to undertake yet another IVF treatment and hope for a sibling for our little red headed boy. Well... so far it's worked. Our story continues below!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ultrasound, Check - Follicle, Check - Doctor, ummmm Doctor???

Yep.. you got it.... I went for my ultrasound this morning and the ultrasound tech went to talk to the doctor but came back ten minutes later saying she couldn't get in touch with him.  So, she gave me the stats, or at least most of them.  I have one follicle that measures 18mm X 15mm X 23mm on my right ovary, and 9 smaller ones that she didn't have sizes for.  My uterine lining was a nice 8 mm which is good for where I am in my cycle.

So I'm on track.  Everything is going just swell.  Except there was no doctor to be found.  I called the office all day and finally had a neighboring receptionist go over and try to get them to answer a message, but there was nobody there.   Sigh.

It's not like I would be triggering tonight or anything.. and with that one big egg waiting to burst I doubt if he'd have me do more injections, so I don't think anything will be really affected at this point, but I am looking forward to hearing from his office in the morning.

I somehow have a bit more hope now.  Maybe it's because two more of my blog buddies are pregnant, and another just gave birth.  I am always, always the only non-pregnant one.. but that can't last forever, can it?

Upcoming Schedule as of Today.... (in anticipation)

Trigger on Wednesday night around 10 p.m.
IUI on Friday morning around 10 a.m.
BD Friday around 2 p.m.
Test around December 17th
Do not tell anyone until Christmas - including David if I am so lucky as to get a bfp
EDD August 27th.

5 comments:

  1. not telling DH of a BFP...my that's quite a feat. I'd like to see you pull that off. =) here's a fun challenge....I'll bet that you wont be able to resist and will tell him as a x-mas gift (i'm thinking positive on this trigger...). =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, how did your IUI go? Fingers crossed the 2ww is going smoothly and not feeling like forever for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I came upon your blog while looking for cervix ovulation image *grin*. It's a bit freaky that we have similar circumstances, I saw this post of yours: http://sonyaspages.blogspot.com/2009/02/its-late-im-exhausted-and-avoiding.html and happened to use the exact same pic a few days ago! http://sheilasu.blogspot.com/2009/12/movie-review-paranormal-activity.html - Wikipedia. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elawoman IVF treatment is performed in couples with the assistance of IVF medications. Side effects of IVF injections include blurred vision, risk of multiple births, hot flashes, nausea, and discomfort. IVF medications also lead to the occurrence of Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS). The first question that arises in the mind of intended parents who are going for surrogacy is that how much will be the surrogacy cost in India. If you are living in a vast area like India where you can have many choices, then cost becomes a matter of concern. However, the surrogacy Cost in India is quite affordable. Surrogacy is the last option when you have tried all the other infertility treatments and got a failure in them. surrogacy treatment cost in India with self-egg starts from Rs.1005480.0 and goes up to Rs.1638560.0.

    ReplyDelete