I'm doing fine. That reminds me of a joke we used to say amongst my twenty-something friends. If you were 'fine', it meant: Fucked up, Insecure, Neurotic and Emotional. Saying you were fine was code for "I'm having an emotional break down, call the loony bin and make sure my bed is reserved".
fine adj. fin·er, fin·est
1. Of superior quality, skill, or appearance: a fine day; a fine writer.
2. Very small in size, weight, or thickness: fine type; fine paper.
3. a. Free from impurities.
b. Metallurgy Containing pure metal in a specified proportion or amount: gold 21 carats fine.
4. Very sharp; keen: a blade with a fine edge.
5. Thin; slender: fine hairs.
6. Exhibiting careful and delicate artistry: fine china.
7. Consisting of very small particles; not coarse: fine dust.
8. a. Subtle or precise: a fine difference.
b. Able to make or detect effects of great subtlety or precision; sensitive: has a fine eye for color.
9. Trained to the highest degree of physical efficiency: a fine racehorse.
10. Characterized by refinement or elegance.
11. Satisfactory; acceptable: Handing in your paper on Monday is fine.
12. Being in a state of satisfactory health; quite well: I'm fine. And you?
13. Used as an intensive: a fine mess.