my Self

My photo
Fort St John, BC, Canada
My husband, David, and I had been trying to have a baby since November of 2007. After 'letting things happen', we got the amazing news that we were pregnant in June of 2008. Sadly, that pregnancy ended at 9 weeks with a natural miscarriage. After two more chemical pregnancies, we turned to fertility treatments in 2009. That decision was a disaster, with lousy medical care and poor monitoring. In December of 2009, we made the huge decision to move onto IVF. Things fell into place like magic and we began treatment on January 15, 2010. After a blighted ovum in March, we did a successful FET in June, only to endure another blighted ovum in July. We kept up and underwent another IVF in September/October of 2010 with the arrival of our son, Brogan in July of 2011! After our lovely success (finally) we decided to undertake yet another IVF treatment and hope for a sibling for our little red headed boy. Well... so far it's worked. Our story continues below!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Signs Of The 2 Week Wait

They are HURTING. Hurting Hurting Hurting and it's annoying because it COULD be a side effect of the progesterone. I don't mind hurting boobs if they are possibly a sign of pregnancy. But if they're just confirmation that the pills I am faithfully inserting into my va-jay-jay every night.... well that just adds insult to injury.

Pre-Ovulation:
I started myself on some excellent pre-pregnancy vitamin supplements...
3 mg Folic Acid
Omega 3 Prenatal
B6 300 mg
Vitamin E 800 mg
VitaminC 1000 mg
Aspirin 81 mg
Jameson Prenatal


1 DPO: No signs, didn't start the progesterone because I wanted to make sure I'd really ovulated and it wasn't just a flakey temp rise (that never happens but you never know).

2 DPO: Another temp rise and I cannot resist putting in one progesterone suppository (100mg) in the morning... if there's an egg in there I am going to do all I can to make sure he's got a place to grow! 200 mg Progesterone evening dose.

3 DPO: I had a HORRIBLE night's sleep! Went up several times to go pee and then was restless from 3:30 a.m. Don't trust my temp this morning but I have to take what I can get. I would like to see my temp higher above the cover line but the cover line is really high this month! Trying not to obsess about that and focus on the fact that my rise was very good compared to where ovulation temp.
*sore boobs tonight
*backache
*peeing all day long
*very tired
*bloated
*evening - metallic taste in mouth

4 DPO: Better sleep last night, but was up three times by 4 a.m. to pee. Sheesh.
*extreme metallic taste in mouth
*tender breasts
*frequent urination
Author's note: I really have a hard time believing in symptoms prior to implantation; however, last cycle I was extremely bitchy, and I am starting to feel that way again. And no, this is NOT normal for me. I went to go to bed last night and made David get OUT of bed because I wanted to change the sheets. heh heh.

The thing that has me thrown off the most is this horrid taste in my mouth. It's like the air passing over my tongue is full of metal.

5 DPO: We spent the day travelling to Edmonton, AB. I can honestly say I was enduring some heavy mood swings - not like me at all! I mean, I was bitchy, and totally wrong about everything I was bitchy about. It was un-warrented bitchyness. That sucks. I only get so many bitchy outbursts a year and I am using them up during my actual, short lived pregnancies and (?) trying to get pregnant hormones! OH, and did a poll of 35 preggo women and 58% had metallic taste in mouth during early pregnancy! Good news *manic laugh*.... Anyhow, symptoms for today....
*extreme metallic taste in mouth
*tender breasts (and ITCHY!)
*frequent urination
*lower backache
*fatigue
*mood swings

6 DPO: Well to be honest I didn't have much for signs yesterday (I'm writing this 7DPO)... we did tons of running around Edmonton, getting stuff for the store renovations and eating at our favorite restaurants. I did have the metallic taste throughout the day but it seems to have subsided today for the most part. Did have a great night's sleep but a temp drop.... possible implant dip??
*somewhat mettalic taste in mouth
*lower backache
*very tired - lethargic, even
*frequent urination - could be due to extreme thirst?? lol
*extremly thirsty

7DPO: Had a great night, woke up quite a bit and couldn't resist taking my temp. A solid 37.1 every single time..... a def rise from the dip yesterday but not fully climbing up to previous temp of 37.2.... it's the first time I've ever had a drop like that (needs to be .3 of a degree drop to be considered a possible 'implant dip'). We drove home from Edmonton today - it's about an 8 hour drive with Dave's bronco on the car trailer...

*still slight mettalic taste in mouth

*combative - mood swings

*tired - fatigued

*slightly sore/heavy boobs

8DPO - Of course I broke down and tested today.

8DPO Edited

Now I'm not going to jump up and down and start making phone calls and planning out the nursery. I'm not even really excited about the fact that most people agree it's a line - it's an IC (Internet Cheapie) which are notorious for evaporation lines, and it's at 8DPO which is STUPIDLY early to test. But it's fun to ponder - like playing bingo... and addicitive.. like playing bingo and knowing you'll eventually win.

*mettalic taste in mouth
*gassy - little burps all day (I had this as a major sign for the past two pregnancies)
*restless legs (had this last time too)
*fatigue
*mood swings
*full and heavy feeling breasts
*daytime temp consistant at 100.4 ((???))

9DPO: Back to work Monday. Argh. Tired but got off my rear and made it there to put in a few hours. Still horrible little 'burpies' all day. Tested with IC's this morning and of course BFN...so I held my pee ALL day and peed on a FRER this afternoon. I didn't see anything until it dried. Now, before you get all freaked out about me posting a dried test, I will tell you that all my early FRER's were dry before getting a good line.... and I can't find one TTC woman who has witnessed an evap on a FRER , even a dry one. So here's tonight's drama shot....

Photobucket
Photobucket

It looks "Promising". Not "Final" or "BFP!", but very promising!

*metallic taste in mouth
*burps
*lower backache
*gassy
*fatique
*heavy boobs

2 comments:

  1. I love how specific you are with symptoms. I'm getting excited right along with you. I really wish you put a link to your chart so I can stalk you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I added my chart link above, thanks for the suggestion. :)

    ReplyDelete