my Self

My photo
Fort St John, BC, Canada
My husband, David, and I had been trying to have a baby since November of 2007. After 'letting things happen', we got the amazing news that we were pregnant in June of 2008. Sadly, that pregnancy ended at 9 weeks with a natural miscarriage. After two more chemical pregnancies, we turned to fertility treatments in 2009. That decision was a disaster, with lousy medical care and poor monitoring. In December of 2009, we made the huge decision to move onto IVF. Things fell into place like magic and we began treatment on January 15, 2010. After a blighted ovum in March, we did a successful FET in June, only to endure another blighted ovum in July. We kept up and underwent another IVF in September/October of 2010 with the arrival of our son, Brogan in July of 2011! After our lovely success (finally) we decided to undertake yet another IVF treatment and hope for a sibling for our little red headed boy. Well... so far it's worked. Our story continues below!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Few Details

I have the entire day in front of me.  An ENTIRE day of nothingness.  I've taken just a few days off in the past six weeks and they were busy, filled with housework and errands, and one very exhausting but fun 18 holes of golf.  Having a few days to myself is unusual and exciting.  

While at the FSJ airport yesterday, I amused myself by watching a young (or at least new) mother trying to manage a pair of twin girls.  They were about three or four months old.  She had a woman with her, whom I suspect was a nanny.  The mother and the nanny spent no less than ten full minutes getting the girls into baby chest carrier thingys (they were just starting to produce those when my boys were born).  The two women fought with straps and chubby legs and jackets, finally getting the girls settled in to the mother's satisfaction.  At one point she asked the nanny if she had a hair clip because the nanny's hair got in the baby's face when the nanny turned her head....  to say she was particular is an understatement!

Then we got our boarding call.  The women jumped up and quickly went into the airplane.  It was less than a 100 foot walk.  Upon the rest of us boarding the aircraft, we all had to wait another full five minutes in the isle while the women wrestled the babies OUT of the chest carrier thingys.  I was honestly annoyed at the ridiculous stress the mother put on the four of them.  Why not just throw the kids on their hip and quickly walk?  Do we REALLY have to use accessories just because we have them?  Don't you think that some things that we now have actually make life more expensive and difficult, but look trendy? 

Essential or no?  Perhaps for a long walk, but aren't they hard on the parent's backs...?  Also...  I'm adult size and can't imagine straddling 6" of material between my legs - it looks uncomfortable!

*Afternoon Post*

Today I went shopping.  I shopped and then put things back, unable to justify the purchase if it were truly impulsive.  After four solid hours I ended up with some makeup that I needed to replace, a halloween decoration and a couple small Christmas gifts for my eldest son.

I also went to a movie today.  No big deal, right?  Not really, to be honest, but I went alone and that's a first for me!  I went and saw a horror flick, "Devil".  I didn't like that there were only three other people in the theatre, and it was a pretty scary film....  perhaps a poor choice considering I usually end up getting  so freaked out I have to cover my eyes when watching trying to watch scary films.

Most of the movie takes place in an elevator.. it was a good, but they could have had more fun with the concept - tons of opportunity for more scary scenes.  Then again, I had my eyes closed for most of them so what do I know?

All in all, so far things are going well.  Tomorrow at 7:30 am is my first ultrasound to see how my follies are doing.... I'm about 30 minutes away, a small price for the enjoyable stay and money that I'm saving.. but a teeny bit stressful as I'm not sure about the morning commute from Delta and how bad the traffic will be.  

Wish me luck!


  1. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope everything looks beautiful. I am glad you are having such a wonderful experience this time.

    Also, I can't believe you went to a horror movie alone. Never...Never in a million years would you catch me doing that.

  2. Good Luck!

    You're brave! I would have been super scared sqawking in the dark, probably scaring the other people in the theatre.

    You didn't do that, did you? ;) hehehe I bet you peeked through your hands most of the movie. :p


  3. Good luck hon! Just give yourself enough time with worst case traffic scenario so you aren't stressed by the time you arrive & don't forget a book to occupy you when you do arrive early! Can't wait to hear how it goes!