my Self

My photo
Fort St John, BC, Canada
My husband, David, and I had been trying to have a baby since November of 2007. After 'letting things happen', we got the amazing news that we were pregnant in June of 2008. Sadly, that pregnancy ended at 9 weeks with a natural miscarriage. After two more chemical pregnancies, we turned to fertility treatments in 2009. That decision was a disaster, with lousy medical care and poor monitoring. In December of 2009, we made the huge decision to move onto IVF. Things fell into place like magic and we began treatment on January 15, 2010. After a blighted ovum in March, we did a successful FET in June, only to endure another blighted ovum in July. We kept up and underwent another IVF in September/October of 2010 with the arrival of our son, Brogan in July of 2011! After our lovely success (finally) we decided to undertake yet another IVF treatment and hope for a sibling for our little red headed boy. Well... so far it's worked. Our story continues below!

Monday, October 4, 2010

It's all different this time...

For one thing.. I am not driving in a deafening downpour of rain, through dark unfamiliar streets to a lonely hotel in a strange city.  Instead my flight landed in sunshine, my drive was casual (I know the city so much better now), and my destination was the epitome of a welcome homecoming.

My old roommate from my Prince George days lives in Delta, BC.  We spent nearly a year living in a tiny two bedroom apartment in a questionable neighbourhood where we got on our feet emotionally and financially, while laughing, eating and having endless girl nights.  We drifted apart when she became engaged and moved to the lower mainland, and I moved even further north after a horrid five year fiasco of a relationship.  Thankfully, we reconnected when I was here for my first IVF in January, and this round I didn't hesitate to call her up and ask if she had an extra pillow for me.

Simar is not only beautiful and intelligent, she is an amazing host.  She lives with her gorgeous teenage daughter, and Simar's mom, who speaks little english but is full of tenderness and kindness is often around the house as well.  So I arrived to a houseful of smiling, laughing women who were delighted to see me and feed me an amazing Indian supper.  I have a huge deep bed in a serene room, and a lovely home to myself during the day.  SO so so much better than when I was here before, checking into a cold hotel room!

And.. of course...  I'm not running back and forth on the ferry to the Island to take care of my sister.  I can't say I wish I were.   If I had to choose between her suffering and me getting the pleasure of seeing her, I will endure my pain so she doesn't have to endure hers.

I'm watching my favourite TV shows (they are Simar's favourites as well), with a huge cup of herbal tea, in my big fluffy robe, warm from a long, hot bath.  Ohhh I may never go home!

As for the IVF stuff, well, I had another blood draw this morning and my meds are the same for now.  300 mg of Bravelle (four vials) and 75 mg of Menopur, along with 5 units of Lupron.  My meds are double what I was doing last time.  I am anticipating a great number of eggs this time, and have begun to think of myself as a turtle.  As ovulation approaches, I am making a concentrated effort to avoid any sandy beaches.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back hon. I'm so glad you are back at it. It sounds as though you are in excellent hands! I hope you have an amazing time visiting your friend and I especially pray this is the one! (((Hugs)))