my Self

My photo
Fort St John, BC, Canada
My husband, David, and I had been trying to have a baby since November of 2007. After 'letting things happen', we got the amazing news that we were pregnant in June of 2008. Sadly, that pregnancy ended at 9 weeks with a natural miscarriage. After two more chemical pregnancies, we turned to fertility treatments in 2009. That decision was a disaster, with lousy medical care and poor monitoring. In December of 2009, we made the huge decision to move onto IVF. Things fell into place like magic and we began treatment on January 15, 2010. After a blighted ovum in March, we did a successful FET in June, only to endure another blighted ovum in July. We kept up and underwent another IVF in September/October of 2010 with the arrival of our son, Brogan in July of 2011! After our lovely success (finally) we decided to undertake yet another IVF treatment and hope for a sibling for our little red headed boy. Well... so far it's worked. Our story continues below!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

15 for 15!

Our embryos are now two days old.  We got the call this  morning and found out that all fifteen of them are dividing and growing!  We were thrilled and so was the nurse.  They are all four cells (they hope for at least two) exept for two stragglers which are three celled.  The nurse said those ones were just a little slower but still looking good. 

We didn't have any 'excellent' embryos but we didn't have any 'poor' either.  They were all considered 'average' to 'very good'. 

This picture is what most of our embryos look like today.

David went back this afternoon after we criss crossed all over the city looking for Dim Sum.  My gosh you'd think that there are enough english speaking people in the city that they would have english on the menus!  We had to leave two restaurants becuase we couldn't read the menus and didn't feel like spending our meal time trying to figure out Chinese or being figured out!  We finally found an amazing place that had amazing food and we enjoyed one of our favorite out of town traditions. 

It was pretty difficult to leave the airport.  I've spent a lot of time alone here, undergoing a lot of emotional stress and worry, and having my big, protective husband around for a week was beyond relief.  It's a wee bit harder now, in fact, because I don't have any appointments or needles or places to be.  I just wait for that one phone call in the morning.  I have Monday and Tuesday to do nothing and then the transfer on Wednesday. 


  1. I cannot believe it, that is such great news for you guys! WooHoo!

    It must be hard to be there alone. That is one thing I am very worried about when I head to Vancouver this summer. I will have to go alone for the first little while and I am thinking it is going to be hard emotionally!

    Thinking of you. Praying the transfer is amazing!!!!

  2. i know your journey can be very lonely. its what makes your end result that much more sweet and also adds to yur character.

    i'm thinking of you today and am wishing yoou good vibes for transfer day on wednesday!! THANKS for the blog award!

  3. Ahh the news just keeps getting better. I am grinning ear to ear for you right now. Don't stress about the stragglers and that you didn't get any excellent ones. Remember, I am living proof of poor quality embryos and stragglers becoming babies! So even those embryos have a great chance and you have a bunch more that are just beautiful!