my Self

My photo
Fort St John, BC, Canada
My husband, David, and I had been trying to have a baby since November of 2007. After 'letting things happen', we got the amazing news that we were pregnant in June of 2008. Sadly, that pregnancy ended at 9 weeks with a natural miscarriage. After two more chemical pregnancies, we turned to fertility treatments in 2009. That decision was a disaster, with lousy medical care and poor monitoring. In December of 2009, we made the huge decision to move onto IVF. Things fell into place like magic and we began treatment on January 15, 2010. After a blighted ovum in March, we did a successful FET in June, only to endure another blighted ovum in July. We kept up and underwent another IVF in September/October of 2010 with the arrival of our son, Brogan in July of 2011! After our lovely success (finally) we decided to undertake yet another IVF treatment and hope for a sibling for our little red headed boy. Well... so far it's worked. Our story continues below!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Addiction Continues

First some news.  David is home for two entire days.  It's so awesome to have him home for a little while.  It's the first time we've both been home since the first week in January.   All he could talk about when I got home was getting the back deck finished off (still needs rails), working on the landscaping, and putting in an outdoor fireplace, then the bathrooms will be remodeled, and new flooring throughout the house.  He said "this is so you can enjoy being pregnant this summer and not worry about anything else".  Although my heart just bursts when he does things like that, I also really want this baby more than anything for him, as well as me. 

So I get to spend Valentine's Day with my Valentine... and he'll be here on Monday for our third beta test.  That will be nice to have him here with me to get the news.  

And of course, I tested again today.  I had to pee really badly and got the test at Walmart.  Couldn't wait so I went and used the bathroom there.  I was secretly scared today because I hadn't had as many symptoms this morning (I do now!) and some how dreading the test.. sure it would fade in slowly and be fainter than yesterday's.  Man was I ever WRONG. 

The test line came in faster than the control line, and it was just as dark (before it dried) as the control line.  Wow.  Beyond my expectations!!


  1. That is one crazy dark line, pregnant lady!! =)

    Can't wait to hear your beta results tomorrow. Enjoy Valentine's Day with David!

  2. Enjoy Valentines day with your sweets! Look at that line, Woo Hoo!!!