my Self

My photo
Fort St John, BC, Canada
My husband, David, and I had been trying to have a baby since November of 2007. After 'letting things happen', we got the amazing news that we were pregnant in June of 2008. Sadly, that pregnancy ended at 9 weeks with a natural miscarriage. After two more chemical pregnancies, we turned to fertility treatments in 2009. That decision was a disaster, with lousy medical care and poor monitoring. In December of 2009, we made the huge decision to move onto IVF. Things fell into place like magic and we began treatment on January 15, 2010. After a blighted ovum in March, we did a successful FET in June, only to endure another blighted ovum in July. We kept up and underwent another IVF in September/October of 2010 with the arrival of our son, Brogan in July of 2011! After our lovely success (finally) we decided to undertake yet another IVF treatment and hope for a sibling for our little red headed boy. Well... so far it's worked. Our story continues below!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

More Promising News

The beta yesterday was 23.2.  Not great, not horrible.  Just a little below average, but not much.  I wasn't really disapointed, and when I found out my clinic said they wanted a beta of at least 50 (two days from the first beta) I felt pretty good.

I hardly slept last night.  My back was hurting, my boobs were hurting.  I was rolling around like a hotdog all night turning from side to back to side to front over and over.  I would wake up for two hours at a time.  I am, right now, exhausted.  But I am loving every moment of it.  I don't care if I don't sleep for nine months.  There's something growing deep inside me, something David and I (and a whole team of scientists) made.   Again, I know this can drop out from underneath me, I remind myself of that every day, but I'm starting to have a bit more confidence with each ache, pain and test.

Speaking of which.  I have so many symptoms today that I wasn't the least bit surprised to get this this afternoon!

Yeah, I think it's a wee bit darker, don't you???!!! 
***Note:  My beta was actually 23.2 - I think the lab gave me the wrong number..

5 comments:

  1. Yaaaayyy!!! Beautiful line!! I'm so happy for you Sonya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! This is such wonderful news! I am so happy for you and David!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are soooo pregnant! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um YEAH that line is like 10x darker!! WOOHOO!! Your beta sounds pretty good for it being so early on, so I still think (especially with such an awesome line this morning) that all is well inside that uterus of yours! I can't wait to hear about the 2nd beta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that line is MUCH MUCH darker! Yayyyyyyy! You and David must be on cloud 9! I'm so very happy for you. You are such a beautiful person and you deserve this just as a baby deserves you and David and all of your beauty and awe. I can't wait to hear about your next beta! I must have logged in 5 times yesterday to see if you had posted!

    ReplyDelete